TV ads on a tight budget
TV advertising definitely has a place in your charity’s marketing strategy, but with high costs and overly-broad targeting options it’s increasingly being cut out of annual marketing plans – if it ever featured at all! There are, however, options out there for affordable and highly-targeted TV advertising…
What is it?
Are you keen to get your organisation & its cause on the telly but find the costs eye-watering? In comes Sky Adsmart, combining the best of TV with the best of digital. This revolutionary new approach helps level the playing field, allowing organisations of all sizes to benefit from the impact of advertising on TV – without breaking the bank.
Previously, TV advertising has been reserved for mass-market campaigns with high levels of spend behind it. When we think of charity tv appeals, some of the biggest national charities come to mind & its no coincidence that these organisations tend to have much larger marketing budgets than the majority of charities across the UK. With a minimum spend of £3,000 however, Sky Adsmart is opening up opportunities, providing a much more viable and realistic media choice for the third sector.
What are the benefits for charities?
- Target your audience based on demographics and interests, reducing spend wastage significantly when compared with traditional TV advertising
- Different adverts can be shown to different households watching the same programme; impressions are served based on audience demographics, not just household region.
- Only pay for an impression if 75% or more of the advert is viewed. This prevents spend wastage if people are fast-forwarding through adverts.
- Reach large audiences quickly with high quality, engaging video content.
- Understand the scale of reach before, during and after the campaign period.
- You’ll be provided with a reporting dashboard that shows campaign data including; impressions, audience targeted/reached and location targeted/reached.
What channels do the ads show on?
Despite the name, it’s not just Sky Channels! Sky Adsmart has reach across a range of channels & networks such as:
- Channel 5 network
- National Geographic
- Comedy Central
… and many more! With plans to grow their network in 2020 and beyond, the scale of reach is only expected to increase too.
How do I know if it’s right for me?
- You want to be seen on TV from as little as £3,000
- You want to restrict your TV advertising to a specific audience, region, postcode or Local Authority area
- You want your brand to be seen in a premium environment
- You want to stand out against competitors
- You want to increase conversion rates and/or brand awareness